We’re really into…
- Sofa reviews, hacks and improvements (obviously!)
- Home improvement
- Home decorating
- Home maintenance (what can we say? We’re neat freaks)
- IKEA hacking
- Furniture upcycling
- Entertaining at home
- Awesome furniture brands
…and we’re looking for bloggers, influencers, interior designers, parents, pet owners and IKEA hacking enthusiasts with expertise as well as a passion for the same.
Our goal is to help people everywhere fall in love with their homes all over again by bringing more beauty into it, which is why we’re building a community of change-makers who are on a similar mission to make life more beautiful.
WHY WRITE FOR US?
As a Comfort Works contributor, your posts will reach upwards of 120,000 unique visitors monthly.
In addition to gaining exposure to a significant and growing readership, we’ll share your content with our audience of over 100,000 followers across our social media and email platforms.
In other words, guest posting with us is a fantastic way to reach a bigger audience and raise your SEO game (hooray for backlinks!).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
1. Original, unpublished work.
We only accept stories that comprise 500 words or longer and have not been published on your own site or elsewhere.
2. Relevant, one-of-a-kind and insightful stories.
Your story should put the reader first by being helpful, fun to read and actionable, not promotional or commercial.
3. Engaging, readable and error-free writing.
Make sure your story is free of spelling and grammatical mistakes, has the basics in place — a beginning, middle and end, and keep your tone of voice relatable, playful/friendly and respectful.
4. Examples, facts and practical tips.
While we welcome points of views and personal journeys (space makeovers, for example) in these topic areas, your story should also have facts (with relevant links to a credible source to back them up) if necessary and a key takeaway (or several) that our readers will find helpful.
HOW TO SEND IN YOUR SUBMISSION
1. Please write your story in full together with accompanying images (your own or creative commons only please) before emailing it to us (we are not considering pitches at this time).
2. Please put the title of your story in your email’s subject line and its full text in the body of your email (no PDFs, Word documents or google documents please).
3. Include your bio (with a link to your site), highlighting your credentials in your space of expertise (if any), any books you’ve written, or publications you’ve been featured in at the bottom of your story.
4. Email your story to email@example.com
WHAT TO EXPECT
We read every submission we receive, but because we’re a small team, we can’t respond to every single one. If your story has been accepted, we will respond to you within 14 days.
If we publish your story, we’ll also promote it on our social media channels and in our monthly newsletters.
If we don’t feel your story is a good fit for us, we hold no legal obligation to publish it, which means you’ll be free to submit it elsewhere or publish it on your own site.
-The Comfort Works Editorial Team